As we have before, we’re plugging the 2016 DRI Drug & Medical Device Seminar that will be held this year in Chicago on May 19-20. There will be presentations by at least 10 in-house counsel, and a bunch of defense side hot-shots. Honorable Richard A. Posner of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, famous for relying on his own Internet research, will speak about ethics issues. Here are the DRI’s top ten reasons (other than Bexis being there) for going to this year’s seminar:
10. We offer top notch CLEs – you can get all the credit you need for the year.
9. Chicago has some of the best shopping and restaurants.
8. The DMD seminar is a chance to hear strategies and updates regarding cutting edge topics in our field from attorneys on the front lines.
7. The seminar is later in the year than usual, so the weather should be better than usual.
6. You can check out the Art Institute of Chicago, which houses over 300,000 works of art, including American Gothic. There’s a special Rembrandt exhibit there next May.
5. You are all but guaranteed to hear a great concert at the House of Blues any night you show up.
4. Our conference is fun! There are cocktail receptions, firm-sponsored parties, and events planned by individuals who attend the conference starting before the conference starts and continuing as long as you want to stay.
3. Our networking events offer excellent opportunities to share your ideas and get to know your colleagues better.
2. Clients come to our seminar. For the last several years, major pharmaceutical and device companies have had counsel meetings at our seminar, and we expect this year to be the same. There are always in-house counsel speakers and other in-house attorneys who attend our networking receptions and other events.
1. The DRI Drug and Medical Device Conference is the #1 networking event for attorneys who practice pharma or medical device defense.